Limited Public Forum Policy
The Sutton for South Dakota official campaign page uses social media to interact with South Dakotans and other page visitors about the 2018 Gubernatorial race and other important public issues. You can submit questions, comments and concerns. Please note this is a moderated online discussion site.
The page reserves the right to hide or remove unacceptable comments or to ban users for engaging in harassing or abusive behavior. Any banned users can use an alternative way to communicate with Senator Sutton about public issues.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
Comments and posts that violate any of the guidelines listed below may be hidden or removed:
• Do not post graphic, obscene, explicit, illegal, or threatening comments. We also do not allow comments that are abusive, hateful, vindictive, unsupported accusations, or intended to defame anyone or any organization;
• Do not post content that promotes, fosters, or perpetrates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
• Do not post any solicitations (i.e.: asking users to "like" your Facebook page, visit your website, sign a petition, contribute to a fundraiser);
• Do not post advertisements, prize contests or giveaways. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency;
• Do not post details about an ongoing investigation or legal or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the processes or could interfere with an individual's rights;
• Apparent spamming or trolling will be removed and may cause the author(s) to be blocked from the page without notice;
• Do not post copyrighted or trademarked images or graphics. Imagery posted on the Facebook wall should be owned by the user;
• Do not post comments, photos or videos that suggest or encourage illegal activity;
• Do not post confidential or non-public information without proper consent; and
• All comments must be topically related to the post. Comments that are not topically related will be removed or hidden.
The Sutton for South Dakota page reserves the right to modify these policies without notice. Any modification will be effective immediately upon posting the modification on this policy page. Use and continued use of the Sutton for South Dakota page signifies the acceptance of these policies.